Crossway is an international, English-speaking, Baptist church, which exists to gather people from various nations in worship of God, instruction from the Bible, and fellowship with one another in order to scatter in evangelism and training in Berlin and throughout the world.
As we gather, we are committed to…
… worship God through lively and varied, yet reverent expressions of devotion. We desire to see God “extolled among the nations”, [Praise the Lord , all nations! Extol him, all peoples! - Psalms 117:1]
… instruct from the Bible through expository, practical preaching and teaching that results in obedience [And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” - Matthew 28:18-20]
… and fellowship together through living out the many ‘one another’s presented in the Bible.
As we scatter, we are committed to…
… evangelize, or share the Gospel with, people in Berlin and throughout the world. We desire to evangelize not only with our words but also through our actions, [Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. - Colossians 4:5-6]
… and train both internationals and Germans to be Christian leaders in Berlin and throughout the world. [And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also. - 2 Timothy 2:2]
- The Bible is God’s Word and is without error.
- There is one God who exists in three persons- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, is 100% God and yet 100% man.
- The Holy Spirit implements the Father’s plan in this world by glorifying Jesus Christ and directing people to Him.
- People are sinners totally depraved of any ability to save themselves from the wages of sin, which is death.
- All people will spend a conscious eternity in one of two places, heaven or hell.
- Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior of all who would call upon Him as Lord.